If you want to upgrade to Office 2016 from an Office 365 for business subscription, see How do I get the new Office 2016 apps using Office 365 for business?
Get Office 2016 using an Office 365 subscription or a one-time purchase or older version of Office
For Office 365 Home, Personal, or University subscriptions
- If you want to install the 64-bit version or install Office in another language, follow the step-by-step instructions in Install Office on your PC or Mac. Otherwise, use the steps below to install Office 2016.
- Go to www.office.com/myaccount.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account. This is the account you associated with the version of Office you're trying to install.
- On My Office Account, select Install.
The process to uninstall Office 2013 and install Office 2016 can take some time. When the installation completes, you'll see a welcome video that explains how to find your apps and start Office 2016.
For a one-time purchase or older version of Office
- If you installed a one-time purchase of Office 2013, you can't upgrade directly from within the Office 2013 software. You'll need to either purchase one of the Office 2016 suites of products, such as Office Home & Student 2016, or purchase an Office 365 subscription.
For more information about the different options available for purchasing Office 2016, see Choose your Office.
Original Post: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-do-I-upgrade-to-Office-2016-ee68f6cf-422f-464a-82ec-385f65391350?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US