www.office.com/setup Blogs: Part 1: Add An Account
- Go to Microsoft Office 365 Admin Center.
- From the top menu, click
and select .
- From the left navigation, go to + button.
and then click the
- Specify Delegate Account information, including a temporary password, and then click Create.
- Record the Delegate Account credentials (username and password). These credentials are also sent to the email address specified in the previous page.
- Click Close.
- Click the Delegate Account display name to configure additional settings.
- From the left navigation, click settings and then assign the Delegate Account the Service administrator role and specify an Alternate email address.
Part 2: Assign Specialized Roles To The Delegate Account
- From the upper right corner of the screen, choose Exchange Admin Center.
to open the
- Click permissions and then the + button to create a New Role Group.
- Type delegation_service as the name of the new role group.
- Under Roles, click the + button.
- Add the ApplicationImpersonation and Mailbox Search roles.
- Under Members, click the + button.
- Add the newly created Delegate Account.
- Click Save.
Office 365 updates the organization settings.
- Sign out of Microsoft Office 365.
Part 3: Change The Delegate Account Password
- Sign in to Microsoft Office 365 using the new Delegate Account credentials.
- Change the temporary Delegate Account password to a permanent one.
The Delegate Account can now be used to log on to Office 365. Add the Delegate Account to the Cloud App Security management console through the initial pop-up window that appears or go to .
This post is originally posted by Trend Micro. Link to the post http://docs.trendmicro.com/en-us/smb/cloud-app-security-for-office-365-10/toc_o365_del_acct_v1.aspx